CRYSTAL CAVE INFORMATION
Crystal Cave is located off the Generals Highway in Sequoia National Park, between the Ash Mountain entrance and Giant Forest. A half-mile hike is required to get to the cave entrance. No buses, trailers or vehicles over 22 feet long are permitted on the Crystal Cave road.
WHAT YOU MUST KNOW BEFORE YOU VISIT
1. Crystal Cave is open mid-May through November. You must have tickets BEFORE arriving at the Cave. For all tours but the Adventure Tour, you must purchase your tickets at the Foothills or Lodgepole Visitor Center.
2. Tours are often full on the weekends and daily in July and August. Purchasing tickets by 9:00am is advised.
3. You must purchase your tickets at the Foothills or Lodgepole Visitor Centers before driving down to the cave parking lot. Tickets are not sold at the cave. No phone or internet ticket purchases are available.
4. You must allow 1½ hours of travel time from either visitor center where you purchase your ticket and the cave tour itself for travel time.
5. The hike from the parking lot to the cave entrance is a strenuous ½ mile hike. The cave is not wheelchair or stroller accessible.
6. Temperature in the cave is approximately 50 degrees. Sweaters or light jackets are recommended.
7. Personal photography is permitted, but tripods are not allowed. There is no flash photography allowed in the cave, including lights from video cameras. If you are interested in commercial filming in Crystal Cave, please call 559.565.3131 for a commercial filming permit.
8. No baby backpacks or walking sticks are allowed inside the cave. Single canes, used for mobility, are allowed.
9. The cave is located in a remote area. Bring drinks and snacks and store your food in the bear box available.
10. Tour schedule is subject to change at any time due to weather, road conditions, park emergencies or other requirements.
11. Due to occasional electrical outages, tours may be conducted with the cave lights off. Visitors will be provided flashlights. There are no refunds if lighting goes out part way through your tour.
12. All cave visitors must comply with the following procedures to prevent White Nose Syndrome (WNS).